“The goal of the ‘Alioth Exchange,’ is to provide a venue for players to showcase goods and services that cannot be done using the traditional market system. Additionally serving as a Community Hub for information and social interaction to help better facilitate player connection.”
-NQ-Nicodemus, Keeper of the Exchange
The Exchange - Overview
“The Exchange” is a megaplex, offering opportunities for players to spend their quanta in shops built and run by their fellow Noveans.
The Alioth Exchange in Dual Universe is the heart of the teleportation network between all Pioneer Zone districts and markets. It houses a wide mix of player-built constructs (limited to XS cores), advertising and selling anything from voxel libraries, ship shops, markets, racetracks, Lua scripts, and all else players choose to build and offer. Shoppers can navigate The Exchange using a directory that creates waypoints to their preferred shops. While shopping, players can enjoy an internal “Fast-Track” system within the Exchange, that is built out of elevators!
The four halls of the Exchange are marked with a distinct shape and a color, such as a yellow cross or a green circle, which are visible from afar to help navigation.
Lot Holders Guidelines - Conduct and Content
The Alioth Exchange is a welcoming place for all Noveans to interact and enjoy. Because of this, there is a zero-tolerance policy for any EULA breaches regarding Alioth Exchange Lot Holders:
- This includes both actions of an exploitive nature (scams) and negative community interactions (griefing).
- This includes any content that is deemed inappropriate by the EULA and established community standards
The Store lots are distributed on a first come first serve basis, at the discretion and upon the approval of the Alioth Exchange Management.
Lot Build Guidelines
There is a technical need for the limitation of certain elements on the Store Constructs themselves:
- Light-emitting elements are limited for overall performance
- 6 Small Lights
- 18 Extra Small Lights
- Screen Elements are limited for overall performance
- 10 Screen Units - NO XL
In order to maintain screen refresh performance at the Exchange for all participants, we recommend all players to practice voxel optimization and reduce the number of screens used as much as possible. Here are some tips:
- Avoid Checkerboarding
- Fill in hollows
- Remove angles from non-visible areas
- Bigger screen units rather than multiple screen units overall are preferable
- Keep the value passed to requestAnimationFrame() as high as you can afford, and do not use it for static displays without animation or interactivity.
- All Screens must use Lua - no HTML
- Any “display models” should be made as part of the store structure itself or else be susceptible to IAR
- No Signage or Display Models shall protrude beyond the Build-Zone of the Allocated Store Lot
Lot Construct Ownership and RDMS Management
Lot Constructs, while installed in the Exchange, will be under the ownership Exchange Manager, ownership of the construct will return to the player upon removal from the Exchange.
Lot construct RDMS management will be handled by the Exchange Manager.
- Public Access Elements
For ease of RDMS assignment and Lot Functionality certain elements will be made "public access" across all Lot Constructs. When an element of this type is placed on a lot construct, it will be set automatically to "Public Access", current the elements in this group:
Chairs - Dispensers - Surrogate Pod/Pad - Resurrection Node - Info Button
NOTE: If a dispenser unit is added after the construct is installed in the Exchange, we ask that you contact us so that we may set up the beneficiary configuration before you fill the dispenser unit.
This is to prevent any sales occurring before the dispenser beneficiary is configured, requiring extra work to redirect the misappropriated funds.
Lot Submission Process
Using this form, players need to collect and submit the construct information, such as construct name and owner, as well as other required information, like the purpose of the construct and business information, to facilitate the inspection and approval process.
- Lot applications need to be for completed constructs, on an XS Static Core. These will then be placed in the lot locations.
- After deployment, lot holders will receive editing rights for their construct.
- Screen Ads can only be static images with pixel dimensions of 1024 width x 613 height. They have to be submitted as a file attachment in the application form. If approved, these ads will be displayed in rotation in various locations across the Exchange.
- Approved submissions will receive an email, informing them of the next steps in the process.
At certain times, we may need to remove a construct from a lot. Aside from it being requested by the owner, this can be done for the following reasons:
- Periodic refreshes of The Exchange
- Removal due to inactivity
- Similar to all constructs, ensuring that there are no inactive lots
- Removal Due to inappropriate behaviors / EULA Breach
- This is a ONE STRIKE system.
- Permanent revocation of eligibility for the player or org from all future Exchange programs.
- Furthermore, depending on the nature of the violation, actions against your account may be taken, in accordance with our policies.
When a lot permission is revoked and Construct is forcefully removed:
- A DRM Free single-use blueprint is created and placed into the owning player or super-legate of the owning organization’s nanopack
- A notification is sent to the owning player / super-legate of the owning organization so that they know the action has been taken.
- There will be certain offenses that warrant immediate removal - no warning - ie: hate speech, sexual misconduct, doxxing, all of the normal bannable actions - there will be no BP provided in these instances
All Communications and Inquiries regarding The Exchange should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org