Below you can find information on the main tutorial, it's functions and a walkthrough to assist you with your first steps in DualUniverse, should you get lost following the main tutorial. This information covers the short version of the starting tutorial. For the long version, please click here.
Table of content
- Tutorial access
- Tutorial keymap and general information
- Step 1 - Movement tutorial
- Step 2 - Introduction to tools
- Step 3 - Territory and Navigation
- Step 4 - Key Pillars of gameplay
- Step 5 - Talents Introduction
- Step 6 - Free mouse mode and element interaction
- Step 7 - RDMS and starting gear
- Step 8 - Market district - Teleportation and VR station tutorial - Transport to Sanctuary
- Step 9 - Sanctuary Moon - your first settlement
- Help chat - channel
- Additional in depth tutorials
- The main tutorial consists of a short and a long version, which can be chosen and (re-)activated anytime on the top level (window overlooking the plaza) of the main spawn building at any district.
Tutorial Keymap / general information:
- To abort the currently active tutorial press : shift + backspace (will only abort the current, not follow-up tutorials)
- To advance to // repeat last step of tutorial : shift + page down // shift page up
- Using the forced respawn option at anytime during the tutorial, will result in the loss of all your inventory including the started material that you may have collected during the tutorial, with the exception of the Sanctuary territory unit.
- The short version takes approximately 20minutes to complete
- Long version takes approximately 60 minutes to complete, not counting travel times
Starting Short Tutorial
Step 1 - Movement tutorial
Basic movement and functions
- Move to the waypoint behind the stairs using [W,A,S,D]
- Jump using [spacebar]
- Turn Headlight on/off with [L]
- Take time to look around - Aphelia monologue
- Head to waypoint and look through the window - should you ever need to restart the tutorial this would be the exact place to do so
- Head downstairs to the next waypoint
Step 2 - Introduction to tools
Toolbar and inventory introduction
- Follow the waypoint to the screen
- Approach the dispenser near to you
- Get the repair tool from the dispenser by facing it and pressing [F]
Known issues: A duplicate repair tool may occasionally spawn causing potential login/action issues - should you have two repair tools in your inventory, please open a ticket.
- Open your inventory with [I]
- Equip Repair Tool to highlighted slot [LMB & drag to empty spot in your toolbar]
- Close inventory [click the X in top right corner]
- Move to elevator waypoint
- Press crouch to go down using [C] while on the elevator pad
Step 3 - Territory and Navigation
Learn how to use the map and navigate
- Move to the waypoint
- Open the map with[F4 or M]
- Zoom in and out of the map using [mouse-scroll]
- Find the Arkship
- Close map clicking the [X in the top right corner]
- Listen to Aphelia
Step 4 - Key Pillars of gameplay
Aphelia provides a quick overview of the key pillar activities available
- Proceed to waypoint.
- Listen top Aphelia briefly explaining Territory Claim Units and Sanctuary Territory Units .
- Proceed to waypoint
Aphelia provides a quick overview of the key pillar activities available to Noveans and that there are detailed tutorials you can learn more detailed information from later on.
- You are then instructed to head to the highlighted dispenser to retrieve some fuel using [F]
Step 5 - Talents Introduction
Information on managing your talents
- Go to Talent station waypoint
- Open talent interface via [F2]
- Click on the talents interface where instructed
You might get stuck at this point, if you previously learned the 'nanopack upgrade talent' - In that case please use shift + pg dn to advance to the next step
- Listen to Aphelia explanation
- Close the talents window
back to top
Step 6 - Free mouse mode and element interaction
Learn how to use free mouse mode and gather information on the game world
- Hit the TAB key to go into "free mouse mode"
- Click on the highlighted button Codex , close the Codex via the highlighted button
- Exit free mouse mode by hitting the TAB key
- A new waypoint is set at the Info Button, Head to the waypoint
- Activate the "help" window with the "H" key while raycasting (looking at) anything around you.
- A new waypoint is set, go to the waypoint.
Step 7 - RDMS and starting gear
Introduction to RDMS. Glider Blueprint + required materials for spawning and construction and your first Resurrection node
- Listen to Aphelia explaining the RDMS system
- Try to deactivate the left forcefield
- Deactivate the right forcefield
- A new waypoint is set, go to the waypoint
- Collect the available Blueprints from the Dispensers
- Collect the parts and resurrection node from the parts dispenser
Blueprint basics are explained, you are told to look around at the displays. Then it is time to head out the front door. You are now in the outside world.
Step 8 - Market district - Teleportation and VR station tutorial - Transport to Sanctuary
Introduction to the VR terminals, teleportation system and Institutes followed by transport to the Sanctuary moon
- Sprinting and running are explained. A new waypoint is set, head to the waypoint
- Introduction to the VR station mechanic between two waypoints (VR and Tutorial Surrogate Stations)
- Introduction to the Sanctuary Shuttle Service - head to waypoint
- Arriving at the SHUTTLE AREA continues the tutorial. The Shuttle Service and the Sanctuary Moon are explained a bit at this time + information on claiming a territory on the Sanctuary Moon.
At this point Aphelia sets a few broad objectives for you and sends you on your way to the Sanctuary Moon to claim a territory.
Step 9 - Sanctuary Moon - your first settlement
- Open Map, Locate unclaimed tile
- Deploy Speeder from your Inventory by double-clicking the blueprint. Fuel Speeder
- Head to potential tile
- Arrive at potential tile location, claim tile with STU
- Collect 400liters of surface minerals using the harvesting tool (default # 1)
Once the ore is collected the tutorial continues. You are instructed to go and sell your ore at the market. A waypoint is set at the closest market. Head to Market Waypoint.
- Head to market waypoint to sell ore
- Proceed to Market Pod, sell ore
- Buy concrete from the highlighted dispenser unit. Once purchased you will be informed about additional elements to build with. Buy the suggested items from the market.
- Return to your claimed tile
- Place static core unit
- Place Resurrection Node
- Activate Resurrection Node
You have finished the starter tutorial which should get you started in the world of DualUniverse. But wait, there is still so more to discover.
Help chat channel
Should you run into any issues while playing, please feel free to ask for assistance in the help channel, which you can join by typing "/join help" or by clicking the "help" tab on top of your bottom left chat window.
In that channel we also offer assistance from our live support team, you can reach us by starting your message with "@gm". Please note that we currently are only able to support urgent matters like:
- Assistance with the tutorial.
- Freeing stuck characters (if /unstuck does not work).
- Raising constructs from below the surface (if Fetch did not work).
- Fetching ships stuck in the sky above a planet (if Fetch did not work).
- Refreshing glitched elements.
Should you encounter one of these issues, give us a shout out with a description of your issue via @GM in the Help channel. Please allow at least 10 minutes for a response, after which you may choose to file a Support ticket instead.
Additional in depth tutorials
- Main tutorial long version
- Construction tutorial
- Advanced construction tutorial
- Core mining tutorial
- Surface mining tutorial
- Industry tutorial
- Market tutorial
- Hovercraft Piloting tutorial
- Hovercraft/ship upgrade tutorial
- Gunnery tutorial
- Atmospheric flight tutorial